THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mother's Day


Today has been a wonderful day!  We started off bright and early before church with opening all of my wonderful gifts and reading the sweet cards from Dave and the kids.  I was super excited to get a Stitch Fix gift card and a new shaker cup  . . and a piece of hand crafted pottery from Savannah.  After church we enjoyed lunch out at LePeep and then went on a long walk once we got home.  The afternoon was spent watching the kids play outside and wrapped up with burgers on the grill.  It's been a fantastic day!!

I have to say part of me always hurts on Mother's Day as I realize once again that we have one less mom to call.  Satan works hard to hit me where it hurts, but today I choose not to focus on missing my mama, but to rejoice that she is healed and enjoying Mother's Day in heaven!  As the years pass I realize more and more how truly amazing my mama was.  She gave and loved and poured into my life more than I ever realized when I was a kid.  I choose to honor my sweet mama by trying to be more like her each day.

No comments: