THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Fifth Grade Farewell


I can barely wrap my mind around the thought of Savannah leaving PSE to go to middle school!  As I entered school today to volunteer this is what I saw . . and I have to say that it brought tears to my eyes.  Yes, it's official, she is the PSE class of 2017 off to Laugh Often, Dream Big, and Reach for the Stars.


Later this morning while I was still working in the office, Savannah's teacher brought me a letter addressed to the Bachmann Family.  I had no idea what to expect, but when I opened it I definitely started with the tears.  My two children were chosen by a committee to be torch bearers at the Celebration of Nations coming up the first week of June.  Only a select few 5th graders are chosen (along with their younger sibling) to pass along the torch which represents a specific character trait that PSE is built on.  I have no idea what they trait chose my two for, but I know it will be an emotional day as I watch Savannah hand off the torch to Preston.   It gives me great joy and feels like such an honor that the teachers who have taught both kids over the past several years feel like my two children have good character. I guess I have done a little bit of this parenting thing right? :)

No comments: