THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween 2012

Once again this year I volunteered to coordinate the neighborhood Halloween block party.  And once again Domino's had our pizza order a half our late, which made things quite interesting trying to get the pizza back, the party set up, kids dressed, pumpkin lit, etc all way after the party was supposed to start.  Anyway, it all worked out (as it always does) and the kids had a blast!

Neighborhood Kid Picture
Right after the pizza and a group picture the kids sprinted off down the street in a big pack going door to door.  We usually lag behind and go after the pack, but I promised Savannah she could go with everyone else.  Thankfully, I was smart enough to volunteer to stay home and hand out candy while Dave took the kids around with "the pack"!

I tried my best to get a picture of my two, but they weren't exactly cooperating because "the pack" was getting ahead of them.  But unfortunately, with me getting a late start I didn't get the pictures before hand and insisted on taking a few!  I took a few pictures and then they were off with Dave.

Dinosaur and Tinkerbell
I enjoyed chatting with a few neighbors and then retreated to the warm house to hand out candy to the 5 kids that came.  Then the phone rang.  It was Dave and I could tell he was having a blast.  Just kidding.  He says "Savannah's screaming because she can't keep up with the pack, I'm carrying Peanut's pumpkin because it's too heavy, and Peanut has to pee.  AND they are wanting to go all the way to Katie's grandma's for hot chocolate.  What do I do?"  I asked him where he was and apparently they had already made it through our neighborhood and were on the way out to the main street where we don't know anyone.  So I just told him that he'd have to unzip Preston and let him potty in someones yard.  Don't tell! :) 
After trick or treating (check out Savannah's shoes)

When they got back, here is the additional report I received from Dave:
* Apparently Preston's dinosaur costume looked a lot like an alligator.  So after a few houses, instead of "trick or treat" when someone would open the door, Preston would immediately say "I'm a dinosaur"
* Savannah's shoes were hurting after getting half way down our street, so she borrowed some shoes from Ms. Molly's house (check out the after picture and the red shoes).
* Peanut had a runny nose at Mr. George's house after having a melt down about something and had to get a tissue there
* Who knows who's yard Preston peed in
* And we still have to go to Katie's grandmas for hot chocolate . . in the car with Preston's dinosaur tail on!

I guess I made the right choice to stay home! :)  Here is Dave's creation this year.  He is quite the pumpkin carver. 

1 comment:

deborah said...

What an eventful and funny Halloween! Made me laugh-- Making memories-that's what it's all about! Love those costumes and Savannah's red shoes set her's off- I'm with her-it's all about comfort
lol. Glad everyone had a good time and Dave is def the great pumpkin carver--loved it!