THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Fun Filled Saturday

We started the weekend by sleeping in until 7am and then slowly made our way to the annual Brookhaven 5k.  A sweet friend of mine volunteered to watch Savannah and Preston at the race so Dave and I could run together.   I had forgotten how super difficult the course was, but thankfully Dave ran with me the entire time and coached me up each and every hill.  I improved my time by a bit, finishing in 25:05.  We stayed around awhile and talked with our friends before heading home for a full day of fun.

I promised Savannah a trip to the mall for some girl time and new shoes so right after I showered we headed out.  She got some new sunglasses for her bear Magical, some new shoes for herself and we even picked up part of a Christmas present while we were out.  We made a quick stop by Harris Teeter and then it was home for naps.    
Savannah and Magical with her new sunglasses
 After nap time we promised the kids that they could assemble the Halloween mansion that came in their package from Grammy and Papa.  Dave had to help with the assembly of the house, but the kids loved doing the stickers.
Working on the Halloween project from Grammy Papa

The finished Halloween house
Savannah also worked on her community worker school project that is due this week and then helped rake some leaves while Dave cleaned our gutters.  I got quite a few things checked off of my list, finished the dishes and laundry, and made a yummy chicken pie for dinner.  All in all it was a fun and productive day! 

 
 
 
 

1 comment:

deborah said...

Love that spooky house! I know the kids had a good time putting it together.