THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Wii Repair


For a couple of months now we have been without a working Wii. We first noticed that it wasn't reading our discs and thought that maybe the kids had just been too rough with the discs, causing them to be scratched and unreadable. But it was about a month ago when we realized that it wasn't reading ANY of our discs and that we had a bigger problem. After doing some searching online Dave discovered that it was probably a laser issue and we'd have to send it off to be repaired since we were just outside of our warranty. Nintendo wanted $79 to repair it. Not going to happen.


A few weeks went by before I finally did some additional research to find a more reasonable price . . . I mean for $80 we could almost buy a new Wii! Best Buy wanted $79 just to diagnose the problem and the only other local repair place I could find was going to charge $50, but it came without a warranty and the place wasn't exactly convenient. I finally found a place online that would repair the Wii for $49.99 and they included free return shipping and a 1 year warranty. I checked them out with the BBB and they looked great so I packaged up the Wii (mailed it free with a USPS mystery shop) and hoped for the best. Yesterday our package arrived and this is what I found:


Yep, duck taped to the top of our Wii was 3 gold play money coins. I guess the real problem wasn't the laser but that our curious 2 year old decided to cram these coins into the Wii!!! Oh well, the service was super speedy so if you're ever in need of a Wii repair, I'd highly recommend http://gophermods.com/

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think Preston was playing the slots!! vegas here he comes lol
glad you got it fixed and got back the play money- dad/deb

Jessica said...

That is hilarous! I just read this to Russ and we are both cracking up!

Donna said...

Funny:)

kristin said...

Save the forever! What a story. I love him!