THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Thursday, August 25, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten!!

All ready to go at 7:09 this morning!


Waiting in the car pool line listening to the loud welcoming music at the school . . . can we say excited??

One last look back for mama to snap a picture, but this girl is full steam ahead for her first day of kindergarten!



Well today we did it! I survived dropping my first born off at the front of Providence Spring Elementary, Savannah LOVED her first day of kindergarten and Preston managed to make it through the day without his sissy! I have to admit that I was quite shocked at how dropping her off effected Preston. He whined most of the morning for "sissy, I pay (play) sissy." That was heard A LOT. Actually for the first time ever he didn't even want to go into his WEE school class for orientation because he missed her so much. Anyway, back to my big kindergartner . . . she had a fabulous day.



Savannah has talked non stop about reading brown bear, searching for the animals around the school, getting chocolate milk from the cafeteria line, knowing her numbers, and lots of other things. There were only 4 kids in her class today since PSE does a staggered entry system, but she thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it there. Our only disappointment is in finding out that she cant' go back until Wednesday!!!



I was so worked up over whether I had done enough to prepare her. I mean there are lots of things for a new kindergarten mama to worry about . . . did we write enough letters (obviously not since she tells me she got mixed up on the s and c today. Really? Your name starts with s, silly girl!), does she know what to do if someone is mean to her, will she be safe, is she really ready for the big bad world of public school?? I could go on, but today the Lord gave me a sense of peace. Peace in knowing we've done all we can do and peace in knowing it's time to let her soar and become the lady He has planned for her to be!


Time for our first official school night at Chick fil A, Savannah's restaurant of choice, to celebrate a special day today!!


4 comments:

Donna said...

Awww! This post made me smile! I love her face in that picture where she's looking back at you. How sweet!!! I'm so glad she loved it. Doesn't that make you feel so good??

Chelle said...

So glad she enjoyed her first day! And I can totally relate to your day with Preston...Bobby asked for "E" (Sissy) no less than 5 times before lunch! Congratulations on surviving Day 1!

Jessica said...

I'm so glad that she did so well! I was thinking about her today! She will do great this year!!!

Anonymous said...

i had no doubt Savannah would LOVE school and all that goes with it-however i was concerned 'bout her mom lol this is the first time preston has been without his "toy" so i'm not surprised he missed her. love love the pics - it makes me sad/glad to see the "little princess growing up- not sure I'M ready for all this either lol
love ya'll dad/deb