THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Thursday, June 03, 2010

Summer Has Arrived

This has been our first week with no school and honestly, I think we're going to make it!! Despite the daily humidity that is outrageous and frequent downpours, we've managed to make it almost a week with no breakdowns. The biggest reason is probably because it's been a short week, but never mind that.

Dave and I decided that we'd join the YMCA for the summer mainly just to use the pool and I can already tell it's going to be the best money we've ever spent! The kids and I went for a trial run yesterday and they had so much fun that it completely wore them out. By the time we got home (about a 10 minute drive) they both were asleep!! So, I quickly put them down for naps and they slept about 3 hours. Yep, this is finally the life I've waited for as a stay at home mom. A morning at the pool and then good naps for mommy to do some work!!!

I can hardly believe that in less than 2 weeks my baby girl is going to be 4 and my baby boy 1?! Where has time gone? We've been busy planning the carnival party and trying to gather all of our gifts for birthdays and Father's Day too. Whew! Preston is getting so big and has 4 top teeth coming in right now. Last night was the first night in probably over a week that he hasn't been up in the middle of the night crying with teething pain. And just when I was thinking I might be as lucky tonight, today our a/c breaks upstairs! Great! Oh well, I've already placed the home warranty call. I just pray they can come sooner rather than later!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Amen on the pool thing! When we got home today at lunch time, my kids were zombies! They slept so well:) I told Roy it was money well spent, too!!

Hope your AC is on soon. This humidity is getting bad!