THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Sunday and Monday

On Sunday we travelled to Burlington for our first baby boy shower. It was just for immediate family and was such a special time to not only see everyone, but to celebrate the upcoming arrival of our baby boy!

We got lots of cute clothes for him and Savannah even got a special gift for her! She was so proud and has talked non stop about how she's going to be a big sister soon. Here she is sporting her new big sister shirt and matching pink shorts, which she couldn't wait to wear yesterday.


A picture of the 3 cousins is hard to capture!

So yesterday I had planned to work on thank you notes, sort through the baby clothes, and accomplish a multitude of other things . . . but God had a different plan.

That's right, a broken foot! I guess His new plan involved lots of rest and learning that a to-do list isn't so important after all. Dave had to take yet another 1/2 day today to take me to the orthopedic doctor who thinks that it's definitely broken. Because I'm soooo pregnant I didn't want x-rays and he said the treatment would be the same whether it was fractured or broken, so this is my new fashion statement for the hot summer months right before delivery! :) Thankfully it does help a lot in terms of being able to get around and the doctor said that I could drive with my left foot . . . just not long distances. Wonder if I could actually have a baby with this thing on? When it rains it pours around here.

Please continue to pray for my mom who is still in the hospital. They are planning to insert a port today at 2 and will start chemotherapy this afternoon. We all need lots of prayers over the next few weeks!!

6 comments:

Chelle said...

Oh no! What in the world did you do?? You should have called...David could have given you a ride to the orthopedist. He was there yesterday for his foot too. :)

Nancy said...

OH MY WORD - how did this happen?

Anonymous said...

you didn't tell us what happened but i hope you were at home and not out doing errands. hopefully your foot will be all healed before the baby comes. when GOD says sit down i guess he means it huh? :) we're glad it wasn't any worse and i know savannah has had a lot to talk about with that boot on your foot. on the bright side, nice pedicure! love ya dad/deb

Sherri said...

Crystal, please let me know how I can help you. My goodness, please take care of yourself. You and your mom and the rest of your sweet family are in my prayers.

Jen Currin said...

oh no!!

Donna said...

Oh my word, Chrystal!!!! What in the world?! Bless your heart! Well, at least you have nice painted toes:)

Please let me know if I can help with Savannah. We'd love to have her over to play any time.

I'm glad you were able to be showered before all of this happened. Oh, and I love Savannah's new outfit:)