THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Thursday, April 30, 2009

First Dentist Visit


Yesterday I took Savannah for her first dentist appointment. We had talked about it for weeks and I just knew it would be a fun adventure for us . . . boy was I WRONG! She seemed to enjoy the waiting area, but once the lady came for us she went crazy. She didn't want to sit in the pretty yellow chair, didn't care about prizes, and wouldn't even open her mouth so the hygienist could count her teeth! When the dentist came to check her mouth we had to hold her down just to get her teeth counted and some fluoride wiped on. They assured me that this was normal for the first time and I assured them that daddy would be coming next time! Oh well, at least they said that everything looks good. Here is Savannah, happy as can be after the ordeal was all over.

3 comments:

Christian Carroll Stewart said...

Oh no! I am NOT looking forward to this. At least Savannah doesn't seem traumatized by the event. Next time she'll probably love it!

Anonymous said...

tell savannah deborah is afraid of the dentist too--but at 57 i don't think it would be becoming to kick and cry hehe although i do leave finger prints in the chair. hopefully the next visit will be easier and i'm sure dave doesn't want to miss the experience :)
love ya'll dad/deb

Donna said...

I'm sorry to laugh, but that's funny!! Not to you, I know, but when it's someone else's child, it is!!! You should have gotten some pictures:) Maybe next time will be easier?