THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Little of This and That

Today has been an interesting day. It started wonderfully with WEE school, a nice walk, shower, and then lunch with my friend Katie from high school. What a treat to be able to meet her for lunch and catch up! We definitely plan to do it again sometime soon . . . before this baby comes. Then it was off to pick up Savannah and hit the Ben and Jerry's for some free icecream! This is where my day went down hill a bit.

Excuse my complaining, but when we got there a line of people were waiting, most of whom had already been through the line several times for icecream. I mean seriously, it's just outrageous when you hear parents talking about going through the line 5 times and letting their children do the same thing. Sure the sign didn't say one per person, but isn't that taking advantage of the situation? Then, when I saw the mom ahead of her daughter hiding her half eaten icecream while ordering another scoop I just about lost it. No wonder kids today have no sense of right or wrong!! Anyway, we waited our turn took our scoops and headed home.

After some tutoring and Savannah's long nap, it was dinner time. Dave came home early so he and Savannah could head off to WEE school for Daddy night!! Now I'm sitting here watching Everybody Loves Raymond and enjoying some nice peace and quiet! Definitely a way to end the day.

Savannah's gifts to Daddy. What sweet treasures!

2 comments:

Sherri said...

So cute! Rick took Jason last night too - I love that WEE School does Dad's night. What a treasured thing to always remember.

I agree with you about the ice cream - what example are these parents setting? It's hard to keep quiet.

Donna said...

Wait, why was there free ice cream at B&J? I missed that one. That is crazy how parents do that. Great example!!

Cute artwork! I was so sad that Roy was out of town for Dad's Night. It is a special time.