THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

It's a Vegetable Miracle


Tonight was a big first, I would actually call it a miracle, in the Bachmann household. Savannah started her normal dinnertime routine of whinning because she couldn't use play doh, saying "I not like" whatever I had cooked, asking for "cheese strings", and refusing to even try what was on the table. This has been our biggest issue with her ever since we stopped giving her baby food. The child has NEVER even tried a vegetable from the table, other than corn (which she would only eat if it was on the cob, not cut off). Anyway, tonight was just the same as every other night, I made our dinner plates and then put a small portion on her plate. As usual, she started saying that she didn't like ravioli, but strangely enough, tonight she decided to not only eat every vegetable on her plate (peas, corn, carrots, and green beans) but even kept asking for more!! The catch was that we had to sort of mixed vegetables and help her eat each and every spoonful, but who's complaining? The child actually ate vegetables!!! It must have been the quality time she had with daddy this morning . . .

2 comments:

Donna said...

YEA!!!! I know this makes you so happy! I wonder what made her finally decide to try them? I guess something clicked in her brain?! She is SOO cute...she looks so grown up in that picture:(

laurie said...

WOW! I know you are thrilled. Way to go Savannah!!