THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Recovery

I just want to send out a huge thank you to all of my friends and family for the constant prayers over the past two days. God has been amazingly good and has provided for even the smallest details. I was quite nervous yesterday, but through some great nurses was able to feel rather calm right up until they said "take two deep breaths" as then I was out!

According to my doctor things went really well, although not quite what we expected. Originally we thought that the huge cyst was on the left ovary and that I could possibly lose the ovary due to the size of the cyst. However, after opening me up, what they found was that the cyst (which ended up being the size of a closed fist) was on the right ovary - the same ovary that had a cyst removed back in 2002. For this reason, my doctor removed the right ovary. She also found a smaller cyst on the left ovary, but was able to drain it and fully remove the entire cyst wall meaning that the left ovary could stay. That was probably way too much information.

For now, the prayer continues to be for a decrease in pain. They are removing the pain pump this morning and will switch me to pain pills that will hopefully work just as well. The biggest pain comes from taking deep breaths, not from the incision. I have to get up in a little bit and start walking around so that may add to the pain. Please just keep praying for me and this precious baby. Hopefully we'll return home tomorrow . . . but recovery is 6-8 weeks as I was told yesterday. :(

8 comments:

kristin said...

Praying for you, Chrystal!

Nancy said...

You are still in my prayers! So glad to hear everything went well and that it's over!

Rest up and take good care of yourself!

Heather said...

I am so glad that the surgery went well. I am sorry that recovery will be so long...wish I was closer to help with Savannah some!

Anna Morrison said...

Thinking of you so much. I love you!

Anonymous said...

You guys are all in our prayers!

Anonymous said...

You guys are all in our prayers!

Elaine Shobert said...

Still praying, Chrystal!

Donna said...

I'm glad everything went smoothly. Just take it easy and relax. Let people help you!!!