THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Monday, January 05, 2009

Surgery Preparations

Well, I think I'm just about ready to head off to surgery. My bag is packed, I've written 4 legal pages of instructions for the mothers who will be here over the next 5 days to care for Savannah, caught up the laundry and dishes, instructed Dave on dinners for the next few days, Savannah's lunch is ready for WEE school, I've gathered some magazines to keep me busy, charged the laptop and cell phone, said good night to Savannah for a few days, washed in my special body soap from the hospital (boy was that a treat) and have reviewed my list of no's for the morning:
  • NO jewelry
  • NO hairbands
  • NO finger nail polish
  • NO makeup
  • NO food or drink
  • NO contacts (I plan to break this one)
  • NO personal items
  • YES to clean clothes - it was on the list!!

Although I am still quite anxious about everything, I have already felt the prayers of our many friends and family. Through these prayers I have been able to hold it together today for a really fun day with Savannah. Plus, it helps that my husband doesn't seem worried at all. I think the fact that we have to get up at 4am is the worst part for him. I praise the Lord for a husband who is so strong and so NOT a worrier! Hopefully the next time I update this blog I'll be comfortably recovering from a successful surgery with a baby still healthy as can be. Until then, keep on praying! :)

6 comments:

Donna said...

I bet it was hard saying goodnight to Savannah:( It will all be fine. You've prepared so well! Now after this surgery, just lay back and relax. Let people wait on YOU! You deserve a little relaxation:)

I'll be praying for you.

Chelle said...

Chrystal, you've been on my heart all day and I've been praying for you. I know you're nervous, but I have complete confidence that God will give you peace at just the right time. I can't wait to hear a good report and I know you'll be relieved to have this all behind you. See you soon!

laurie said...

I'm praying for you tomorrow!!! You will be sustained by all who love you...I look forward to hearing about your recovery. Love you!

Nancy said...

It's 6:15 Tuesday morning and I am praying for you right now. Looking forward to hearing the good report!

Heather said...

You have been in my thoughts the last few days and I am praying for you!

Anna Morrison said...

Your recovery is under way. Jessica just sent out an email. You have been on my mind all day. I will be praying that your pain will subside sooner than later. Let the Lord cradle you in his love. Your husband, family and friends are here for you. You are so loved!