THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Still Recovering

Well, I'd love to say that I'm comfortably recovering at home, but that just isn't the case quite yet. There are a few things that my body still hasn't done (those of you who have had abdominal surgery in the past know what these are) and until these things happen I can't leave. Although the nurses keep saying that the normal stay for surgery like mine is 3 nights, Dr. Fletcher assured me that they would do their best to get me out of here by lunch today. YIPPEE!

The pain is much better and I'm learning to love eating plain soup, as it is a step up from the nasty broth they served for the first two days. Savannah seems to be doing well and loved having her granny here for 3 days. Dave even said she requested to have granny do her bath last night. Who knows what kind of things they got into, but I do know that I am super thankful for my mom's help in keeping Savannah busy and taking good care of her.

Off to shower! Thanks again for all of the continued prayers!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Thanks for the update! I'll be praying that you'll be able to come home today.

Keep us posted - but still rest lots!!

Elaine Shobert said...

Hey Chrystal,
I know how it feels to be stuck in a hospital. Make the most of it. Sleep every other hour. Turn on the TV and watch whatever YOU want. Spend as much time as you can in a book or a magazine. Have your quiet time. Rest in knowing that you're being covered in prayer.
Love you,
Elaine