THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Friday, January 30, 2009

It's All A Mystery

Savannah was having these crazy breathing spells at 5:00 this morning where she seemed to be gasping for air and then wheezing, all of which was loud enough to wake me up over the baby monitor. It would stop for a few minutes and then start again, so after a few episodes I decided to go in and try to soothe her to see if she would go back to breathing normally. Well she did return to normal, but only because she woke up. Any ideas what could be causing this? It happens about twice a month or so and is REALLY scary. That's mystery #1.

The second mystery is that when she did get up, she was fully dressed in her footed pajamas (yes, we're back to wearing feet in our pjs) but didn't have on any panties or a diaper. I know that she can get out of the pajamas, but I can almost know for sure that she can't put them on herself, zip them up, and snap them at the top. So either she is a genius and has figured out how to undress herself in the middle of the night, remove her pull up, and put her clothes back on OR we put her to bed without a pull up. Hum?? The stranger thing is that nothing was wet. Not the pajamas, sheets, or anything seemed to be the slightest bit wet. How in the world??

Finally, the last mystery of the day is why in the world Mecklenburg county is considering offering domestic partner benefits when we're already not going to have enough money for the budget. Sorry, I don't ever talk politics, but when I saw this in the paper this morning it made my blood boil!

Any insights from my loyal readers??

4 comments:

Elaine Shobert said...

Kudos to Savannah for managing a dry night. Maybe that's the secret to potty training...just let 'em go free! :)

Shall I pack up the hippo and striped PJs now that she's back to wearing footie jammies?

As far as the breathing goes, does she snore regularly? That was one of the signs that alerted us to Kailyn needing her tonsils out. Next time it happens, check out her chest if you can. See if she's having retractions. That's when the part between her ribs is getting sucked in really hard-you'll know it if you see it. If she's retracting, I would let a doctor know. otherwise, it may just be a sleep positioning thing. Just some thoughts...I'm no doctor, you know, but I have a little experience with breathing issues.
And the third mystery...you got me there. Budget cuts everywhere, people losing their jobs left and right, but somehow, there's money to support domestic partners. I'm stumped. I thougth things like that only happened with those sinful Northerners.

Anonymous said...

I know this may be a little expensive, but it is still worth a try. Put a lazer beam alarm at floor level in her room and you will know when she gets up at night. I know you may not be able to hear her at times during the night, but this would definately let you know. If her sleeping habits were the same the next day, then it sounds like you may have been very exhausted the night before and just did not put one on her. I know how paticular you are with her, and you would never do that on purpose. You need to slow down a little sweetie. Don't let it get to you too much. I remember when I worked in Graham at a hair salon and a lady came in with 5 kids and left with 4. It took her a while before she came back to pick up the 5th one. That's being too overwhelmed with her own life.
So don't let this bother you too much. It's not like you left her at the grocery store or at church.
Love you bunches,
Mom

Anna Morrison said...

Goodness! I have heard a little about sleep apnea. I hope that is not the problem Savannah is having, but worth looking into.

The whole no diaper thing cracks me up. Maybe there is a little diaper thief that comes in the night to swipe it. Joking. Maybe look for a stash of stinky smelly diapers somewhere in the room. Ew. I hope that is not the case. :)

Thirdly, I can see why the whole budget thing gets you fired up. You are so good with money and math.

Love you. I am a loyal reader. :) Big fan of your blog.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.