THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Beach

This morning Savannah woke up saying "I go beach with Grammy and Papa". I figured Dave had just casually mentioned that we were planning to go to Hilton Head in a few months with them and tried to ignore the statement hoping to avoid any whining. Our little girl has no concept of time so if we tell her we're going to the beach in a few months, she wants to go TODAY! Anyway, the conversation didn't end. "We ride bicycles and daddy pull me in my special seat" she continued. Well after a few more sentences about going to the beach she finally let it drop . . . at least until after nap time. When she woke up this afternoon from her nap she started again "I need wear bathing suit at beach." I tried to explain that it was cold and that she couldn't put on her swimsuit, but she just wasn't buying it. So for the next 10 minutes or so she stood in her closet, crying, pointing to her bathing suits. Oh Savannah, I wish we were at the beach, but that will have to wait.

As a side note, potty training is going well. Although she did have an accident at WEE school yesterday, today she has been perfect. It was our first venture out to My Gym and the grocery store in panties and she stayed completely dry! Awesome! We're still working on the poops, but I'll take what I can get for now. Way to go Savannah!!

1 comment:

Elaine Shobert said...

Wow! Outings with panties. Oh, I remember our first trip out with Kailyn in her panties. I was so nervous I almost had an accident! :)

Way to go Savannah...and if the beach talk keeps up, stick her in her suit and fill the bathtub. Sounds like a fun rainy day activity to me!

Miss you guys!