THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Exciting Times!!!

Savannah woke up bright and early today shortly before 7am crying "mommy, peas come. I pee pee." Thinking that she had once again wet the bed through her nighttime pull up I have to say that I was a little reluctant to put down my Bible study and head upstairs to get her out of bed. I tried to wait a little bit thinking she might fall back to sleep (bad mommy, I know), but then I thought about how cold she must be sitting in a soaking wet pull up and PJs so I went upstairs to get her. When I opened her door she says, "mommy I need go pee pee!" OHHHHH, sorry Savannah! She actually had not wet the bed but was trying to tell me that she needed help to go pee on the potty! WOW!!!

Now we've had days where she would potty one time on the potty, or at best twice, so I never imagined that she would continue to tell me today that she needed to potty. We were in the middle of My Gym class and she suddenly said "I need go potty" so we rushed to the bathroom and once again she pee peed on the potty! I cannot believe it! Even once we were home getting ready for nap time she went on the potty AGAIN!! Maybe it's just my lucky day, or maybe it really does happen overnight, but either way I'm super excited! Way to go Savannah!!!

To make my day even better I realized that UPS had delivered a package while we were gone. It was our baby boy's first full outfit!! My precious friend Jennifer who lives in Wilmington sent us this adorable outfit! THANKS Jennifer, I LOVE IT!!

4 comments:

kristin said...

Yeah! Those 5 words (I need to go potty!) will come at the most inopportune times, but aren't they sweet! We still don't hear them quite often enough at our house, but we ALWAYS hear them in restaurants and at Lowe's. Never fails. Keep up the good work, Savannah! And don't you just love little boy clothes :)

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO SAVANNAH (literally) - i'm sure you won't have any trouble training her now as she seems ready to grow up another step. maybe it's time to buy more dora or princess panties!?
love the outfit for "butterbean", you know that name might stick unless we know what to call him hehehe love ya dad/deb

Chelle said...

I'm so jealous!! But I'm also very happy that you are nearing the end of Round 1 of Diapers!

Who says boy clothes aren't adorable?!

Donna said...

Yea, Savannah!!! Yes, I agree with Kristin. It stinks when you have a cart full of good at Target or Harris Teeter and they start holding themselves and saying they need to go potty and they're jumping up and down. UGGGHH! IT's worth it, though:) Keep it up!!