THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Monday, December 08, 2008

Want an extra $.99?

Okay, so most of you reading this are going to think I'm crazy, and yes, pregnancy has made me a little more loony, but this is too good not not share. It all started a few months ago when Dave and I were trying to get rid of a credit card. It's one of those rebate cards where they automatically credit your account every month with a percentage of your purchases. So, being the thrifty person I am, I was trying to get our rebates to the point where I would lose the smallest amount of money in rewards. I had it figured out so that after our rebates credited we would only owe $.97 cents and then we could pay off the card and close the account.

Well, guess what happened? When the statement came it showed a balance of $0 and had a credit adjustment on the account for $.97. So, basically they gave me almost a $1 not to have to deal with collecting the $.97! Long story short, this has worked with two different credit cards for 5 months now! Can you believe it? Each month the day before the statement closes, I pay off the credit cards leaving a balance of only $.99 and when the statement comes they've adjusted the balance to $0!

I've calculated that the minimal interest we earn on our checking account (on the average credit card balance) is less than the $.99 we make by paying off the cards early, before the statements end. So there you go, an easy way to make some extra money!

5 comments:

Chelle said...

Only you, my dear, would figure out something like that...I can tell you were a math teacher!! Kudos!

Anonymous said...

Only you would have figured this out.

Stephanie said...

yes chrystal, i think pregnancy has made you crazy! lol

Anonymous said...

MATH SKILLS IN USE!
GOOD JOB SWEETIE
HOPE YOUR DAY IS A GOOD ONE.
LOVE YOU BUNCHES,
MOM

Donna said...

That post just confused me SOOOOO Much. I don't understand a word you wrote. Maybe that's why I was always a "C" student in math:)