THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"Pee Pee Diaper"

Wow. I had no idea it's been so long since I've updated the blog. Not much new is going on, but I thought I'd share our latest challenge . . . Savannah soaking the bed almost every night! Actually, it's like 5 out of 7 nights a week, which feels like every night. There's not much worse than waking up to a child screaming "Mama, pee pee diaper. I all wet. I need clean sheets." at 7 in the morning. For the past two weeks this is what I have been dealing with and it's about to drive me crazy. This child manages not only to soak her diaper, sheets, mattress pad cover, top and bottom of her pajamas, but usually hits at least one blankie, friend, or B as well. Needless to say I've been doing quite a bit of laundry, especially since she only has 2 pairs of pajamas that are long sleeved with no feet (that's the trick to getting her to keep her clothes on). We've tried limiting her liquids, making her try to use the potty before bed, and waiting as long as possible before putting her night time pull up on, but nothing seems to work! AAHH!! Any advice?

8 comments:

Heather said...

Aubrey was doing the same thing! We stopped giving her as much to drink before bed, but the best thing for us was moving up a diaper size. That has seemed to work. Huggies also makes and Nightime diaper. I am going to try that next if this does not work.

Anonymous said...

any coupons on laundry detergent? lol
have you tried not giving her anything to drink after 0600pm? that's what the dr. told me to do with shane when he was little and it worked. of course he was ready for juice when he woke up, but no wet sheets. her bladder just can't hold enough to get her through the night. maybe if you wake her up before you/dave go to bed and see if she can potty it may help. if not i'll be on the lookout for detergent coupons. pj's are on the list for christmas too. love ya dad/deb

Donna said...

Uggh! I feel for you. I H-A-T-E changing crib sheets more than anything!

I was going to suggest going up a diaper size, too. RA used to wake up soaked each morning, and I just went up a size for his bedtime diapers and it's made a difference. Yeah, Huggies makes a nighttime pullup and they're great.

Chrystal said...

Here's our problem. We're already using the biggest size of Huggies Nighttime pullups!! Most children over 40 pounds are already potty tranied, but not mine!

Nancy said...

This is going to sound crazy, but have you heard of "the diaper doubler"? A friend told me about them when Jere was a baby - I will email you about them. I will say that my sister and sister-in-law's laughed about the diaper doubler - they told me just to go up a size so I did. But since you can't. THis might help. Look for an email from me soon!!

kristin said...

I was going to suggest diaper doublers, too. We have some that my sister gave us that we never used. If you haven't found any yet and want a few to sample, let me know!

Anonymous said...

Hey. I can't help with the pee pee diaper part, but I did see that Walmart is selling fleece, 2-piece pajamas without feet. They're only $10.00 each, so that's not bad...

Just wanted to send that tip your way.

Anonymous said...

Ditch the Pull Ups at night and let her use the Huggies Overnight diaper. The diaper is going to hold more then the Pull Ups, or you can try the size 7 Pampers, they are hard to find sometimes