THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Monday, October 27, 2008

Hot Pajamas

This all started last week when Savannah woke up crying "mama help" in the middle of the night. I ignored it the first time thinking she was having a bad dream, but then an hour later, when she cried out "mama help" again, I went to check on her and found her naked in the crib! Crazy girl!

Well, this is becoming a routine now . . . only now she doesn't cry so I have no idea when she's taking her clothes off. Last night when I went in to check on her before we went to sleep she again was naked. Knowing that she couldn't sleep naked, or with a blanket over her as Dave suggested, I knew I had to get her back in her PJs so she wouldn't freeze during the night. I can't believe it, but I managed to get her back in her footed pajamas without even waking her up! I woke up around 3 and went to check on her again and guess what, she was naked AGAIN! What in the world? These pajamas are hard to get off when she is awake and alert much less asleep. How she's getting out of them without help is beyond me, and even more interesting is that they are more than half way zipped up when I find them in the crib. These pajamas have a snap cover over the zipper to try to prevent this type of activity, but it is not working for us.


This is what I found yet again this morning.

Help! Any advice? We keep our house fairly cool in the winter and she absolutely cannot just sleep in a diaper! She did say this morning that she was hot in her PJs, but my goodness they are the lightest ones available. We sleep in sweats, under a sheet and a blanket and our child can't seem to stay in anything more than a diaper?!

Just because she's so darn cute, here is a picture of her reading the Bible to her friends while I was doing laundry.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is to funny! maybe you should set up a video camera to see just how she gets out of those pj's. that would be fun to see at her sweet 16 party!
maybe her feet are hot and regular pj's would work better. the kind with no feet. i hate my feet covered up maybe she is the same way?
what a hoot--- she is so cute with clothes or without hehehe dad/deb

Donna said...

She is adorable! I love the picture of her in her crib. She's probably wondering why you're getting her picture?!

I don't know what to advise. Maybe put her in a two piece pant set and see what she does. She's obviously pulling them off in her sleep, so maybe she doesn't realize she's doing it? Or maybe get a safety pin and pin the snap part so she can't get it off? That could be dangerous, though. I don't know!!

kristin said...

OK - I'm laughing. I would LOVE to see a video of this in action. I can't imagine how she's getting them off! Maybe you could try putting her in them backwards? Just kidding. I really don't think tht would work either.

Heather said...

That is too funny. Aubrey has recently decided that she does not like covers anymore, but she still keeps her pj's on. That would be funny to set the camera up and see how she does it. I would agree with the two piece ones and maybe socks on her feet and see what she pulls off. If she still takes clothes off you could put a room heater in her room. We use one in our bathroom for when we get out of the shower when it is cold. Good luck!