THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Monday, September 22, 2008

Savings Galore

Well, let me start by sending out a huge thank you to everyone who e-mailed, commented on the blog, and most importantly prayed for Savannah's sleep issues. Although she's still not back to normal, our bedtimes (although much later) have gone easier the past two days and she is even taking a nap as I type this (which hasn't happened since Thursday)! Praise the Lord!

Now, as for the savings, the numbers are in!! After several trips to Harris Teeter I spent $41.26 ($35.57 if you subtract the rebate I'm due) and saved $207.80. I now officially have NO space left. Our extra freezer is jam packed as is our extra pantry, refrigerator, and freezer! I had to spend several hours reorganizing both the freezer and pantry just to fit everything in. It's safe to say that we could live off of what we have for at least 3 months getting only milk and produce at the store.



As for the consignment sale, I bought way too much stuff!! I have to say that 5 of the pairs of shoes were just to resale on eBay, but other than that you're looking at Savannah's Fall/Winter wardrobe! Pictured here is:

14 Dresses, 8 shirts, 6 pant outfits, 1 fleece vest, 1 sweater, 3 pairs of pants, 1 skirt, 2 sets of pajamas, tights, 7 pairs of shoes, a pair of boots, a Halloween costume, and a toy microwave all for $162.48. I think my little one is set!!


I just couldn't resist sharing this picture. Savannah's favorite piece by far was the ladybug Halloween costume which she tried on several times! Here she is trying to be like mommy, taking a picture of her loot!

We also enjoyed having Aunt Cherry here for the day on Sunday. See that mantle in the background of the picture? Well, thanks to some decorating tips from Cherry and a very generous gift from Charlotte One, it has been transformed with a new piece of artwork! You'll have to stop by to see the change. A huge thank you goes out to Aunt Cherry for taking her only day off to spend with us in Charlotte. After an exhausting afternoon of shopping she even cooked a gourmet meal for us. I told Dave not to get spoiled because even if I wanted to cook like her and had time, that is just one talent I don't have! She even made a homemade peach cobbler which I enjoyed for dinner last night (2 helpings) and am looking forward to after dinner again tonight! Yummy!!

On a sad note, we also found out this weekend that Charlotte at Play has closed down for good! Savannah is going to be SOOO sad when she finds out!! Thankfully they are honoring our memberships at Discovery Place, an uptown museum that although is much nicer it is also a much longer drive.

4 comments:

Chelle said...

How very sad about Charlotte at Play...We were going to join this winter. Do you know why?

Great job on the savings...you are truly a pro!

Donna said...

GOod job on the deals! I love Savannah's costume, too. That is adorable!

Why did Charlotte at Play shut down? That's weird! Did you get an advance warning?

Kerri said...

Hey Chrystal,
I stumbled onto your blog from Anna's. Just wanted to say hi! Jonathan and I are in Winston. I was teaching Kindergarten, but am now a stay at home wife (no kids yet). I'm enjoying home making immensely. I'm working on the bargain shopping too...looks like you're a master!! That's incredible that you saved that much at the grocery store. Do you use the grocery game.com?

Your little girl is precious. You guys are in Charlotte? My mom and dad still live there. We should reconnect sometime. :) I don't have a blog, but you could email me at kerrisize@yahoo.com. Good to hear how a Mt. Vernon/ASU buddy is doing!!
Love, Kerri (Epps) Sizemore

Anonymous said...

what a cute costume! i love ladybugs and she is the cutest one i've ever seen. :) be sure to send us a picture on halloween to add to the collection. you did a great job at the consignment sale and it looks like she is truly set for the upcoming cold weather.
dad/deb