THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A Good Reminder

Whatever ground you yield when your child is a preschooler is how much they take advantage of when they are a teenager. By then you have given up the ability to make them care about the consequences.

We are still struggling with learning how to handle an independent thinking, strong willed toddler. My precious friend Brandy gave me this little tidbit today and I wanted to share it on the blog as a reminder for myself not to give in too easily, even when it's hard!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

WOW - thanks for the reminder!

Anonymous said...

i don't know where that quote comes from but it should be sent with the birth certificate for every child born. lol
good advice and something to remember when your patience are stretched to the limit.
our lil princess might be strong willed but she's sooo cute!
dad/deb xoxo

Chelle said...

So true...In some cases you don't even have to wait until they are teenagers to see what lack of persistence does. Thanks for the reminder!

Anonymous said...

Girl... I konw what you mean!

That's a great quote. I might have it framed :)