THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Turning the Big 3-0

If you have the cake why not celebrate early?!

Riding the lazy river at Ray's Splash Planet


Off to a birthday dinner!

My birthday celebration started a day early as Dave arrived home with tons of balloons. After one of our free birthday dinners, we picked up the icecream cake early and of course cut it when we got home. Savannah was so cute as she sang happy birthday to me before getting her piece of birthday cake. I have it on video, but can't seem to figure out how to load it onto the blog. :( Anyway, it was a super night to start the celebration.

On Wednesday Dave took the day off and surprised me with breakfast in bed. Savannah also surprised us by sleeping almost until 9:00!!! When we finally got her up we headed to Ray's Splash Planet for the morning. It was pretty icky outside so what better way to spend a morning?! Then we had lunch at our favorite Chick fil A and headed home to open all of the birthday cards. One of my favorite things to do is grocery shop, so Dave gladly tagged along yesterday as we did our normal Harris Teeter run. When we finally got home we put Savannah down for a nap and she must have been worn out as we had to wake her up at 6pm to go to dinner. After dinner I opened gifts and had more cake. Yummy!

So far thirty isn't that bad . . . what's bad is the awful feeling I have today as I've eaten WAY too much in the past two days. The diet starts again today! As I've said all along, if you already feel old, then the number doesn't matter so bring on 30 and all the fun awaiting me!

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you had a really fun day. Isn't Rays Splash Planet fun?

Heather said...

Happy Birthday! I am glad that you were loved on for you big day.

Donna said...

Happy Birthday, Chrystal! I"m glad you were able to celebrate the entire day with Dave and Savannah. Cute pictures. I'm glad you say 30 isn't too bad. I'm DREADING turning it:(

Elaine Shobert said...

Happy Birthday, Chrystal! Really, 30 isn't bad. I've been there for 3years now. It's not like you haven't accomplished anything in these 30 wonderful years! You're a great friend, a rocking mom, and the very best shopper I know.

Love you,
Elaine
PS I'm awful at remembering birthdays. Sorry I'm late!

laurie said...

Happy LATE Birthday girl! I am so glad you had such a wonderful day! What a sweet thing for Dave to do breakfast in bed for you...what a jewel! Love you bunches!!

Sherri said...

Happy Birthday Chrystal! I hope you love your thirties - they are wonderful years!