THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Little This and That

The rain has finally come! Thank you Lord! We've already lost a few more plants because I can't seem to water them enough. Hopefully this extra rain will bring them back to life. Although it's quite inconvenient to deal with such rainy days, I'm very thankful for the rain. We had to cancel a playdate at the park today, but that just freed up some time to venture out to do some errands . . . and of course an hour at Charlotte at Play for Savannah.

We started at the mall where I bought Savannah two new pairs of shoes (Stride Rite B1G1 half off), then ventured to Victoria Secret (free panty coupon), next we went to New York and Company (huge sale + 30% coupon + gift card, thanks to Dave's parents). Then we made yet another trip to REI for some Crocs. They are having a huge summer sale and I've been twice to buy shoes for Savannah, gifts, and of course to eBay!

Then we headed to Charlotte at Play. I couldn't believe my eyes when we arrived and there was a huge sign on the door saying that they were on "wait list"! Are you kidding? By this time Savannah was practically chanting "char at pay" so after circling the building twice trying to find a place to park we finally made it inside. Thankfully we only had to wait a few minutes and then they let us in.

After that we made yet another stop for errands at the Arboretum. We hit Rite Aid, Bath and Body Works, and of course Wal-Mart. Now I finally have all of the supplies needed to reorganize my coupons into a 3 ring binder. I'll post before and after pictures. It makes me a little nervous to let go of my trusty coupon organizer, but it seems to be the newest trend (Donna, Nancy, Kristin, Melissa) so I'm going to give it a whirl.

One final thing . . . we were in Chick fil A over the weekend and they had flyers posted advertising their Raving Fan Week. Who doesn't love CFA, especially when it's FREE?! Be sure to stop by the Arboretum for some yummy free chicken next week. Here are the details:

Monday 9/1 (10am - 10 pm) FREE 3 count chicken strips for customers in football attire ~(12pm - 2pm) sampling milkshakes, CFA prize drawings, coupon wheel, etc

Wednesday 9/3 (6am - 7am) FREE chicken biscuit ~ (7am - 8 am) FREE chick n mini ~ (11:30am - 1:30pm) sample chicken salad sandwiches and get a FREE coupon ~ (3pm - 4pm) FREE milkshake to first 100 customers to arrive at 3pm dining in

There's more for Thursday and Friday too, but I'm too lazy to type it all!

As Jo Dee Messina would say, Bring on the Rain!

3 comments:

Donna said...

Wow! So much to say about this post:

1. Did REI have more stuff out since the weekend? They had some shoes I wanted to get RA but they couldn't find the left shoe to the size I needed!

2. I had the three-ring binder/baseball card slots in my cart to buy the other day, but I just couldn't do it! I put it all back. I just love my handy purse-size organizer. Let me know how yours works and maybe I'll go thru with it:)

3. The new chicken strips at CFA are SOOOO good. They are so juicy and plump. I may be one of the raging fans there next week!!

kristin said...

oooh, you won't regret your new binder. It's changed my couponing life! Now, if only I could actually clip my coupons without feeling ill...

And I love free Chic Fil A!

Nancy said...

Oh I agree with Kristin on this one - try it, you'll love it!