THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Friday, July 11, 2008

Just a Quick Shower


Yesterday morning Savannah woke up a little earlier than normal. This threw my "schedule" off for the entire morning. I decided to go ahead with the shower and to just lock her in my bedroom with me so I could take a quick one (and I mean quick because who can trust a toddler alone long enough to bathe and wash their hair??). As I was rapidly trying to get clean from my 6am aerobics class, I noticed that I didn't' hear the normal sounds from her . . . no crying, no "mama done", no trying to open the shower door, etc. Very interesting. I knew she was okay because I could hear her trying to sing along to the songs I was belting out from the shower. So after finishing my shower, I got dressed and gave her lots of praise for being a good girl while mommy was taking a bath. Only then did I step into the bedroom and notice that she managed to get the door unlocked. I guess that trick is long gone.

However, it wasn't until late last night as we're getting ready to go to bed that Dave noticed the activity that kept her occupied while I was in the shower . . . wipe unloading! AAAHH!!!! She drives me crazy sometimes! I wanted to go in and tell her how bad that was, but Dave reminded me that we never wake a sleeping baby. I guess she'll hear from me this morning and then wonder what in the world I'm talking about.

3 comments:

Dolly said...

That's funny, Chrystal! I bet she was having a good old time undoing the wipes. I don't know why kids are so fascinated with that, but I"ve caught Caroline doing that before. They're still re-usable, though:)

Anonymous said...

too funny! maybe she was trying to take a quick sponge bath. dad/deb

Chelle said...

Hilarious! Sara loves to do that too...I don't mind that near as much as when she decided that Bear had a diaper rash. She covered his little bottom with Boudreau's Butt Paste and slapped a diaper on that bad boy. Needless to say, Bear got a bath that night!