THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Dreaded DMV

I bit the dust today and decided to go and get my license renewed. I still have three weeks before they expire (before I turn the big 3-0), but since my sweet friend Elizabeth volunteered to watch Savannah I took advantage of the free time and headed to the DMV early this morning.

When I got there I couldn't believe that the line was so long. I've always heard horror stories, but before today I had never had to wait over 30 minutes. The room was jammed packed with people sitting in chairs, but I figured they were all waiting to take the road or written test. Anyway, I used the time in line to make a few calls all the while thinking that when I got to the counter they would take me right back for the renewal test . . . WRONG!! Boy was I shocked to have to wait in line 50 minutes just to get a ticket to hold, and then to find out that I had to wait for the number to be called. I have never seen such chaos, other than at the Matthews consignment sale, and it completely stressed me out. To add to the stress, I knew that I had to complete 4 mystery shops between 1 and 3:30 today. AAHH!!

Long story short, there were 4 people running the entire operation today, including the employees out doing road tests. So, between lunch breaks and road tests they called about 1 person every 12 minutes. I waited 2 hours and 40 minutes and left with a picture that looks like a baboon. The funny thing is that by the time I was finally called I didn't care what it cost or what my picture looked like, I just wanted the stupid license! Maybe that's secretly their plan, then again maybe not.

A HUGE thank you to Elizabeth for being willing to watch Savannah for such a long time this morning!! I owe you big time!

4 comments:

Donna said...

Oh, man. I HATE the DMV. I went to renew my license a few years ago. I waited in line with TONS of peopel along with their interpreters and when my number was called, I was told that I could have done it online. I was sooo mad.

By the way, the DMV is a great place to take pics for the blog. There are some interesting people there!

Nancy said...

Well, at least you have your new license now. I didn't realize you had to renew them every 5 years - until the checkout lady at Wal-Mart told me (I'm dating myself to say I had written a check in WM) - mine had expired by something like 8 months.

Which office/branch did you go to? Or are they all bad?

Anonymous said...

DMV... say no more!

And these mystery shops... please elaborate! How does that work?

Anonymous said...

What a nightmare! Thank goodness you had your friend to watch Savannah. You should post your new license on the blog! :)