THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Big Girl Bed!!

One last jump in the baby crib!

Crawling right into her new "big girl" bed


I love my new bed!!

After waiting a week for the guard rail to come in Dave and I finally took the plunge and assembled Savannah's toddler bed last night before bedtime. I thought it was a great idea until I saw my little girl all nestled in her big girl bed . . . it really made me want to cry! Anyway, we were prepared for anything and have been pleasantly surprised at how Savannah has handled the transition. I'm sure this is mostly because it's still the same bed, just with a different front.

When we first put her in, or should I say when she first crawled in and we left her, last night she cried for about 10 seconds and then went right to sleep. She stayed in all night and even after she woke up this morning. It's funny to see her awake in there as I can almost see her little mind turning trying to figure out if she should get out or not. This morning I gave her ample time after awaking to see what she would do and she never even tried to escape. Wonder how long that will last.

Nap time today was another interesting experience. She didn't even want me to read her normal 3 books, but was chanting "big girl bed, big girl bed" and climbed right in. She played and talked to her friendly stuffed animals for at least 20 minutes before finally falling asleep. However, at one point I heard her crying and turned on the monitor to find that she had dropped B out of the crib. She was leaning over the side rail crying for B . . . until she figured out that she could now get it herself. So, there she sat at the opening. "Mom" she called out a few times. I didn't want to go in so I just waited to see what she would do. After realizing that I wasn't coming she slowly climbed out and again called for me. This made me a little nervous wondering if she would get back in, but she did!!! She scurried around to the end of the crib, grabbed B, and climbed right back in! If only potty training were this easy! :)

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Your baby is growing up! She is a doll!

Nancy said...

Good job! She looks so cute in her new bed. You never know, potty training could be this easy!

Donna said...

Yea, Savannah! When Caroline spent her last night in her crib last August, I cried! She did great in her BGB, though, too and never tried to get out. Actually, she just started getting out a few months ago. I think Savannah will do great! By the way, do you have any news to share? Why the rush in getting her out of the crib?!

Anonymous said...

We don't have any babies anymore!! Can you/dave help us out with that little matter? savannah looks so sweet in her new bed and i'm sure when she is ready to use the big girl potty it will be a smooth transition. we're very proud of you and savannah. it's hard on mom when the babies grow up. dad/deb