THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day


Well it has been quite a busy weekend. We enjoyed our time with Jamen while he was here and were sad to see him fly home on Sunday. It was nice trying to adapt to his laid back lifestyle for a few days. We actually rented a movie to watch on Saturday night, probably the first time we've rented something since last summer.

Sunday came and we said goodbye to Jamen and packed up for our race to Burlington. As we were eating breakfast our power went out and stayed out, who knows what happened, but at least we were leaving so we didn't have to sit in a house without power all morning. I opened my gifts from Savannah and was excited to get a pedicure, a new book, a picture frame, and swim lessons!! My favorite gift however, was a certificate good for one Saturday off!!! Yippee!

We arrived in Burlington just in time for church. The weather was NASTY the entire trip there and we quickly figured out that Savannah and I had dressed for the wrong season completely! After church we ate a delicious lunch at grandmaw's house and enjoyed some time with my brother and his family. Here are a couple of pictures from grandmaw's house. Then it was time to head back to Charlotte. Thankfully this trip was much less rainy and by the time we got home the weather was beautiful! So we topped off our afternoon with some Coldstone ice cream treats!

Now Dave just left for a business trip and will be gone until late Wednesday night. I'm already sad and worried about being a single mom for three days. Yikes! I called my neighbor and put her on alert just in case I need backup! :)

1 comment:

Donna said...

I'm glad you had a good mother's day. Call me if you need anything while Dave's gone!