THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Two Cooks in the Kitchen!!


I finally gave in and braved the mess . . . Savannah and I cooked our first recipe together this afternoon. After being inspired by Anna and Heather who always seem to be cooking with their children (who are close to Savannah's age) I gave it a whirl today and tried a recipe from Donna's recipe blog, Strawberry Muffins. Although it was quite an adventure, I was impressed with the length of time Savannah stayed focused on the task at hand, as usually she does something for two minutes and moves right along. As I was cleaning up she kept coming back over with the chair saying "I cook, I cook." It was worth the mess to share such a fun prenaptime activity!

6 comments:

Chelle said...

Good for you! I wonder if Savannah cooks like Sara....if the recipe calls for a cup of sugar, she likes dipping it so much, she wants to add 2 cups!!!

Donna said...

That's good, Chrystal. I think it's a girl thing b/c Caroline LOVES to help me cook too, and she will stay on her stool and help me through the entire recipe! It is a pain to deal with the messes, but it's so good for them. Plus, you're helping her become a little mommy:) How did the muffins turn out. I'm always so nervous when I give out recipes and talk about how good they are. I hope you thought so!!!

Jessica said...

Looks like you 2 had fun. Caleb loves to help me cook too. He loves to taste everything that we put in there. Especially the sugar! He is always proud of what he makes.

Anonymous said...

we are so proud of you chrystal! you are truly a good mommy and times like these are the memories you will never forget. good for savannah for being such a good jr. chef! try to remember that a mess can be cleaned up but the time spent together will be memories of tomorrow. i know the muffins were good, anything with stawberries usually are. see ya soon dad/deb

kristin said...

Weren't they delicious? It took AK 3 tastes and rounds of "I wanna different muffin!" before she decided she liked them, but I think the recipe is a keeper. I put most of them in the freezer so I can enjoy them when my berries are gone.

Anna Morrison said...

Bravo, Bravo. Way to brave it, Chrystal. It was definitely worth the time and mess you allowed for that to take place. Brayden just likes to be holding a wooden spoon in an empty bowl. I wouldn't trade my cooking experiences with my kids for anything! Even the ones that I lost my patience with. Just for them to know that I want to spend that time with them is priceless.
Do it again and again. :)