THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Strawberry Patch

Savannah picking her first strawberry
WOW!! Look at my strawberry!

Caroline, Savannah, Anna Kate, and Caleb (under his hat)


This morning we ventured out for some strawberry picking. The weather here in Charlotte has been extremely hot the past few days until today, when it was very cold and windy out. We didn't let that stop us though as we had all planned to meet at the Hall Family Farm for some good ol' strawberry picking. It's been probably 10 years since I'd actually picked my own berries and I was amazed at how easy it was, even with a toddler. We had our baskets full in less than 30 minutes! What a neat experience it was to watch Savannah pick her own "stawberries" and to see that they come from a plant and not just Harris Teeter!

6 comments:

Donna said...

We had a fun time, too! Have fun finding recipes now to use up all of these berries!!

Heather said...

How fun! We have done that a couple of times too and Ethan always loves it. I guess we will have to find a place here and try it again.

Anna Morrison said...

Love it!! I was just looking up Strawberry Farms here in Durham today. Tis the season I guess.

Savannah is so cute.

kristin said...

WE enjoyed it, too! I might get brave and try some simple freezer jam tomorrow if I can find jars. I'm making those muffins, too!

laurie said...

What fun! I can't wait to do that with the guys a little later. It's still a little early in TN for that. Enjoy those juicy bites!

Anonymous said...

we might have a country girl in the making yet. now you have to let her plant her own tomatos for the summer! happy eating! dad/deb