THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Friday, February 01, 2008

Cherished Friends

This has been a pretty hard week for me. I'm not sure if it was just the thought of not having a break with WEE school being closed today, the many chores and errands that I wanted to get done, or the discussion at Bible study about children who are sick with cancer, but none the less, by Wednesday night I was completely exhausted . . . physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausted. I never thought that being a stay at home mom could be so tiresome, but honestly lately I've struggled again with doubt as to whether this is really where God wants me. Satan has really had a hold of my mind lately as I've begun to wonder if I'm really a good mom and have continued to struggle with trying to balance playing with Savannah and keeping things in order around the house.

As most of you know I'm a busy body and like things in order, neat, and checked off of the list. At times I think I'm a little OCD about it too. Anyway, after a week without a break (other than 1 hour when mom was here on Monday) and trying to keep things going along with my hobby of e-bay I just couldn't take it anymore. I guess this was a little apparent at Bible study. I didn't mention anything about my situation, other than to request prayer for Savannah who's started throwing up after eating yogurt, but by Thursday morning three of the girls in Bible study had called to check on me.

I'm here to tell you these are cherished friends. They have their own children to care for to but took time to call and make sure things were okay with me. After one long phone conversation with a near and dear friend, I've realized that some things are going to have to go . . . maybe it's the e-bay hobby, maybe it's updating the blog, laundry, errands, or maybe just a different thing each week, but I'm only one person and just can't do it all! This precious woman ended our conversation with a prayer, and I can't even describe how quickly God answered her prayer. Savannah slept longer for her nap than she has in weeks and the afternoon just flew by.

Dear Lord, thank you SO much for my sweet, sweet friends both near and afar. I'm honored to have each of them in my life and truly blessed by their friendship. I know You speak through them and thank Your for their willingness to be honest with me and love me no matter what. Amen.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

You are an amazing mother, friend, wife, person and I am honored to be your friend. What a blessing you are in my life. You are going to make it, my friend. Praise the Lord that she slept well for you...