THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Friday, January 11, 2008

Workouts with Daddy


Due to our overflow of toys, we recently converted our bonus room into a half playroom and half workout room. I never imagined how perfect this arrangement could be until Dave started a routine of taking Savannah to work out with him. Several times a week while Dave is doing his workout, he takes Savannah up with him and she has some quality daddy time. The results are quite funny as she is into mimicking everything we do . . . lately I've caught her doing little push ups (really head bobbing), lifting her own weights that daddy bought for her, and also trying to use daddy's weight bench.

This is time that I cherish ~ not just because I get a break long enough to squeeze in an hour of tutoring, clean up the dinner dishes, or catch up on e-mail, but mainly because Savannah is having some fun, quality time with her daddy. It wasn't until tonight that I thought of an even more significant benefit, the fact that Savannah is learning how important it is to exercise and keep her body in shape.


1 comment:

Donna said...

That is so cute:) The other day I was doing a pilates video and Caroline laid down next to me and started mimicking my moves. It was hilarious! It is good to show them the importance of exercise!!

Oh, and I love the way Savannah's weights match her pj's:)