THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Fun with Pawpaw!!


Earlier this week Deborah e-mailed to say that she, Pawpaw, and Great Grandmaw were coming for a visit today. So, for several days Savannah has stood at the front door saying "pawpaw" over and over. Yesterday we even had some friends visit us from Raleigh and Savannah looked at the guy and kept calling him Pawpaw . . . wishful thinking, but I kept reminding her that Pawpaw would soon be here. They arrived this morning and we all had lots of fun just watching and playing with Savannah. There was even some time to play outside!! Here are some pictures from our day with Pawpaw, Deborah, and Grandmaw.

She was completely exhausted this afternoon and slept for just over 3 hours!! During this time I got the house back in order, tutored for an hour, and worked on some baby shower invitations. I have to vent about our "new and improved" computer. I HATE IT!!! I have done several sets of invitations and have never had any trouble until today when this stupid computer would not cooperate. I was about to throw it out the window when Dave came in and took over to try to help. So much for improved . . . I miss our old hunk of junk.


Anyway, Savannah started saying a few new words today including what I make out to be blueberries, paper, hey, and outside. It's so much fun watching her develop each and every day. We are also dealing with teething again as her last four teeth have started coming through. It made for a long night last night, but now that I'm aware of the problem she'll have a dose of Motrin and hurricane gel tonight before bedtime!!

2 comments:

Donna said...

I'm glad you had fun with your family. It's always so nice when your children love their grandparents and look forward to seeing them:) Sorry about the computer. I'm hoping to get a new one sometime this spring!

kristin said...

See, I TOLD you her vocabulary would suddenly explode with new words daily :)!
Just wait until you can't say ANYTHING you don't want repeated. That day will be here sooner than you think. Trust me!