THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Sunday, December 09, 2007

Weekend Recap

Although the weekend didn't exactly start well with Savannah up from 1am - 3am Saturday morning (TEETHING AGAIN), it has turned out to be a great few days!! With the Christmas shopping and wrapping done and the cards on order, we have enjoyed a few days where we could relax, catch up on some tasks around the house, and spend some quality time with each other. Once we all woke up Saturday Dave volunteered to take Savannah to Charlotte at Play. Oh how I treasured a few hours all to myself! They had a blast and so did I. Today has been great too as we enjoyed church and Sunday school this morning without being paged to pick up Savannah early. What a relief to find her playing happily when we picked her up. I guess this is all part of her new "schedule".

We are still trying to figure out what works best for her little body in terms of a schedule. I no longer have my 7-7 baby as of a few weeks ago and the past week has been a nightmare with trying to get her to take a nap and go to bed at a decent hour. However, for some reason, this weekend she seems to have settled into a routine of getting up around 6:30am, taking a longer nap later in the afternoon, and going to bed much later at 8:30pm. Although I am going to miss my time with Dave from 7pm on, we're willing to sacrifice this time if it helps Savannah to be less fussy at night. It's a struggle to keep her up until 1 or 2 in the afternoon before retiring for a nap, but boy has it made a difference in her overall attitude this weekend. We'll see how things go this week . . .

1 comment:

Donna said...

I'm so glad that y'all had a great weekend. When the kids are happy, it makes such a difference. Today Caroline was really good, too, so I totally understand your joy!

And by the way...you already have all your presents bought and wrapped?! You're good!