THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Loving the Cuddling

Just when I thought Savannah was all well from the runny nose, cough, and pink eye, she came down with yet another bug this weekend. On Sunday we were paged out of Sunday school to be told that Savannah had thrown up in the nursery. Yuck! That was the last time that she threw up, but she definitely hasn't been feeling well. No appetite and being extremely fussy have characterized most of her waking hours since Sunday. Her stomach must be in some serious pain as she is very, very gassy too!! Plus, she is refusing to take naps and go to bed without a struggle now.

This has been an adjustment for me as our routine up until now has been one of drop and run, where she just settles on her own and goes to sleep without help. The only thing that seems to work to get her to sleep now is rocking her and lightly rubbing her forehead until she's asleep in my arms. Although it takes much more time and patience to get her to go to sleep, I must say that I am LOVING the snugly time spent rocking her to sleep. She just nestles right in under my chin with her bib up to her face and after about 2 songs on the Praise Baby CD she's sound asleep. Last night I even fell asleep with her and woke when my kid knocked on the front door for tutoring! I'm so thankful for this precious time with Savannah as one day I know she will be much too big to rock to sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the snuggle time!