THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Whew, What a Day!!

This morning started off with our normal trip to aerobics and honestly I think I did aerobics all day long! Once we got home, Aunt Cherry was just pulling in our driveway. She came for the day to finish our window treatments in the living room. We quickly realized that it was going to be an adventure as 1) the coordinating fabric was missing, 2) she had misplaced the special foot for the sewing machine, 3) I only had "poultry shears" and not fabric ones and she forgot her special ones, 4) Savannah decided that she only needed a 1/2 hour nap after being up since 5:30 am., and 5) I still had to tutor 2 kids today. Here's a small recap of one portion of my afternoon.

Right after Savannah had lunch, we headed to Calico Corners (about a 30 minute drive) to find some trim for the valance. She did great for most of the time in the store, but after awhile, she was ready to get out of that stroller. So, I gave in and let her out. Now keep in mind that this store is somewhere you aren't normally "allowed" to bring children. Oh well, we did it. She wasn't fussy, but shortly after she got out of the stroller I realized that she had a poopy diaper . . . and it wasn't long after that I remembered that she had wasted the last of my diaper bag wipes and I didn't have any. Still wondering what to do about the wipe situation, I checked out and was ready to leave when I couldn't find my keys. The last time I remembered seeing them Savannah had them. GREAT! After looking everywhere I rememberred her being, I solicited some help from the store associates. I could just feel their eyes rolling as they all started searching for my keys. Long story short, we finally found them in a drawer!!! SAVANNAH!!!

We finally escaped there and made it home to start the sewing. Thankfully, my friend Kristin had just the foot for the sewing machine so we were in luck. After a very long day, Aunt Cherry finished up the valance and it looks great. Here is a picture of her with her masterpiece. You can tell how tired I am because the picture is blurry and crooked! I'm going to crash now.

3 comments:

Donna said...

Go Aunt Cherry! The treatment looks awesome! I can't wait to see it in person.
Sorry about the wipe situation. Been there before and had to use wet paper towels!!!

Anonymous said...

love the fabric and i'm sure it makes a great focal area with the sofa but are you sure savannah didn't take that picture :)
looks great!

kristin said...

Beautiful! It looks terrific, and I know you're glad that adventure is over. Thanks for the treats - just what I needed!