THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Thursday, November 08, 2007

A Day's Work

This post is for those of you who think stay at home moms do nothing all day (Jamen). To my precious friends who are stay at home moms, I'm sure you have a list just as long and probably longer . . . I just want to offer a glimpse into our daily life. Here is a list of what I have done since 6:30 this morning:
  • Laundry - washed, dried, folded and put away
  • Dishes - loaded in dishwasher and put clean ones away
  • Errand to Lowe's - toilet broke yesterday and I had to buy a piece to fix it
  • Fixed toilet
  • Cleaned kitchen
  • Clipped and filed coupons from neighbor
  • Balanced all of our accounts online - found an error in our credit card statement, called the store and corrected it
  • Cleaned up living room and put furniture back in place - house had to be tidy for my cleaning lady appointment
  • Met with cleaning lady here at the house
  • Harris Teeter - did I mention making a grocery list and organizing my 20 coupons to triple?
  • Harris Teeter again - you got that right! for triple coupons we make at least two trips
  • Another errand to return the sewing machine foot
  • Worked out and showered to get ready to go to doctor's office
  • Took Savannah to the doctor - no easy process with a child who won't sit in the stroller!
  • Errand to the bank
  • Had Savannah's prescription filled and waited with a child while it was being done
  • Cooked dinner
  • Checked e-mail and blogs
  • Cleaned up dinner
  • Ran the dishwasher, again

Humored yet?? Notice I didn't even include in my list feeding a toddler and cleaning up that mess 4 times, changing 3 poopy diapers, bathing the baby, and keeping her occupied during the day. Now, please don't ever say that stay at home moms and moms in general do nothing!

4 comments:

Anna Morrison said...

Amen, sister!!

Anonymous said...

Eh...I'm not impressed. :)

j/k I think you are doing a fabulous job. I mean I could teach a dog to do all that but ya know...hahaha! I kid I kid.

kristin said...

I just sat on the sofa watching TV and eating bon bons all afternoon after leisurely morning at the spa. Oh wait, that was in my dream world :)

Anonymous said...

can you imagine doing all that and working? not to mention multiple kids in the family. whew! no wonder moms are exhausted. how did women do all this without the modern conveniences? what if we had a wringer washer and the sink to wash dishes? i'm thankful for all the plug up stuff :)