THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Dave to the Rescue

Today has been a pretty rough day for me. I have been feeling guilty again for not doing more activities with Savannah so I was determined to take her to Charlotte at Play today with the other Bible study girls. The day started off bad as I was giving Savannah her Claritin and she somehow choked and spit up all over her cute little outfit. I thought I could just wipe it off, but the smell of sour milk got the best of me and I decided to change her before leaving. So, after starting the load of laundry so the whole closet wouldn't stink, we headed out the door to CAP.

She quickly started getting tired so after about an hour of playing (and avoiding the building full of elementary school kids) we decided it was time to go. Well, on the way home my eye really started burning so I decided I should make an appointment to make sure everything was okay. Thankfully they got me in today, but the wait was AWFUL!! I was there over an hour and a half with a tired, hungry, cranky toddler and they didn't seem to care the least. Oh wait, it gets better . . . now I have pink eye . . . which means I can't wear my contacts for a week and I don't have glasses even close to the correct prescription.

After finally arriving home, Savannah went right to sleep. However, the Guardsman people were scheduled to come and repair my kitchen table, desk, and sofa today and their machines woke her up after only 25 minutes of a nap. I asked them before they started about the fumes and they said it wouldn't be bad. Well, after about an hour of repainting, the smell was unbearable for me, so I'm sure it wasn't good for Savannah either. I tried to take Savannah outside, but she was just too fussy. Finally, I called Dave at work almost in tears, going on and on about how bad my day was. I came back in and asked that they move the table to the garage to which they said no because it was cold and would delay the drying and application of coats of paint. Long story short, they left the job incomplete and will have to come back on a warmer day. Good luck with that one. Right as they were leaving at around 3:30, guess who showed up in the drive way . . . DADDY to the rescue. Although I felt extremely guilty about him leaving work early I can't tell you what a relief it was to see the troops on their way.

I put Savannah down to try to take a late afternoon nap and headed to the grocery store to get my prescription drops filled (and $50 gift card thanks to Donna and Kristin). What a relaxing time it was to be able to just stroll around the grocery store alone. I have never been so happy to just browse a store and to make it even better they had a peppermint fudge sample dome out and I almost cleared the thing out! Well, back to reality: my pink eye, a fussy toddler, and dinner to prepare. Thank God she's well and can go to WEE school tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anna Morrison said...

Sorry about the hard day.
What would we do without our superhero husbands? Hee hee.
I'll be praying.