THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Consignment Sale

Sorry it's been so long for a new post, but we just got back into town yesterday after a much needed vacation and now I'm playing catch up. There's so much to update everyone on so hopefully by the end of the day I'll have tons of new pictures and all of the updates posted.

It all started Friday two weeks ago . . . I dropped Savannah off at WEE school in the morning, worked out, and rushed home to begin packing for our first week-long vacation in over 2 years! I got most of the packing done, picked Savannah up from school, brought her home and while she was napping continued preparing to leave for vacation.

That afternoon, Miss Erica came to babysit (Savannah's first time with a non-mommy babysitter) while I went to the local biannual consignment sale. Now normally this would have been out of the question for doing the day before leaving for vacation, but this sale is HUGE in the Charlotte area. For weeks I had been having nightmares at night that I arrived and there was nothing left on the 2T rack. I have been several times for Savannah and usually buy her entire wardrobe for the next season for under $100 and they're all name brand clothes!! Anyway, in order to get the first pick, you have to volunteer at the sale. So, to add to the craziness of the day, I left at 3:45 in the afternoon to shop at the volunteer sale and then stayed through 10 that night volunteering. After I finally got home Friday night, Dave and I packed the car so that we could leave bright and early at 5am Saturday morning for the Outer Banks. Whew!

No comments: