THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Another Half in the Books!!

Post Race!

For weeks now I have been training for my second half marathon . . .make that months of training.  I'm not sure why, but for some reason I was SO nervous and anxious all week.  There were just so many variables with not knowing what the weather would be like, having to drive uptown and run by myself, missing Preston's soccer game, etc.  BUT I once I woke up and got all ready I had an incredible peace! I had so many precious friends praying for me and I know that is what carried me through.


Way back in February I signed up for a 6 pack race series (a good deal of course) and was committed for the long haul.  Even though Melissa bailed after only one race and I trained completely by myself, the end result of medals was totally worth it!


So I can now say that I have run two half marathons, both under 2 hours.  This one felt much harder, with mile 12 being all uphill, but interestingly enough one of Dave's college buddies say me running and gave me the encouragement I needed to finish the final mile.  There were lots of "Lord just help me finish", many "I am not quitting!" and lots more self pep talks on those 13.1 miles, but I made it!  After a shower and hour or so of rest, I can say that I'm SO glad I did this. . . for me.  But next year, I think Dave gets a turn to run a half while I have soccer duty. :)

No comments: