THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Monday, October 03, 2016

A Jam Packed Long Weekend

The kids had today off from school (Jewish holiday) and most kids got to go out of town for the long weekend.  Our poor kids didn't have that luxury since I had a race on Sunday and Dave had to work Monday.  Anyway, we made the best of our stay-in-town weekend and filled it full of fun!

Team "In It to Win It!"
The fun started bright and early Saturday morning with the Susan Komen Race for the Cure.  I had not planned to do this race, but when my precious friend Amanda organized a team to run with her, in celebration of her defeating breast cancer, I couldn't say no.  Plus, I didn't want to miss celebrating such a special milestone with her!  It was a super fun morning and truly a new experience NOT racing a race.  I didn't even sign up for the timed race because I needed to save my legs for my 15k on Sunday.


Right after the race, I left uptown and headed to Preston's soccer game.  I was sad to find out that I missed his first score of the season, but it was still exciting to watch him play the rest of the game! His team won again and had some pretty sweet goals throughout the game.  Their teamwork has drastically improved and they have learned a ton already!


Informal group picture this week since so many kids will be missing next week on actual picture day.


After running a few errands we headed home for lunch and then promised the kids we could go play mini golf in the afternoon. These two are so silly!

Sunday morning came bright and early again as I drove up to my race in Cornelius.  It was a long drive, but peaceful and the perfect way to start the morning.  Although the course was quite hilly, I finished hitting my goal of averaging under 9 minute miles.  My official time was 1:22:32.  I guess the training is working because I truly wasn't even sore after the race.  We decided to continue the exercise by taking the kids to Scarowinds Sunday night.


Although it was way scarier that I remember I finally got to experience riding the WindSeeker at night.  We were there only a short time before heading out for Baskin Robbins ice-cream treats and then finally home to collapse in bed!

Today I took advantage of no school and had scheduled a few doctor appointments for the kids.  They got flu shots (and complained all day about getting them and being sore) and Preston had an ENT appointment.  We were thrilled to hear that he doesn't need to get his adenoids removed!  Daddy worked late, but the day still flew by!!  The kids were in bed early, ready for their big week at school including the Challenge Runs!!

No comments: