THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Aunt Kathy


So just before we left for the beach we got a call that Aunt Kathy passed away unexpectedly.  After being torn about what to do . . go or stay . . we finally decided it was in the best interests of our little family to just continue with the vacation.  Although my heart was broken, I was able to do a lot of legal work directly from the sand of Edisto and the kids were still able to enjoy time with their cousins.

Kathy was a very special lady.  She was truly gifted in the area of sewing and was also very generous.  When I was fresh out of college and wanted to buy a home she was the one that didn't blink an eye at loaning me several thousand dollars for a down payment.  Although she was very quiet and private, if anyone needed anything we knew we could always ask her.  As we sort through her house and personal belongings, I pray that I can find something tangible to hold onto that will frequently remind me of her and her sweet spirit.  I also pray that she knew Jesus.  If so, I know she and mom are having a grand time in Heaven together. ;)


Our family at Kathy's memorial service

No comments: