THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Monday, June 09, 2014

The Spelling Bee

My heart is so full right now.  I could not be prouder of my sweet Savannah.  She represented her class in the 2nd grade spelling bee today and did a wonderful job!  After about 19 rounds there were four students left and Savannah misspelled the word gnaw.  They went so long that the teachers had to start using their vocabulary words from the entire year, words that they were never required to spell!  I could never have stood in front of a room full of parents, teachers and all of my classmates and have spelled anything correctly, probably not even my name!  So, I am super proud of Savannah's accomplishment.


Although she knows she did well (at least I hope she does) she said she was most proud of being recognized on WE ROCK in front of the entire school this morning.  It was a total surprise!  She was given an honor for having the most AR (accelerated reader) points for grades K-2 at a whopping 499. They even gave her a Barnes and Noble gift card . . . so guess where we are going this afternoon to celebrate?! :)


After coming home to relieve the sitter, Preston and I decided to go back to surprise Savannah for lunch.  It was such a fun day!  The boys in Savannah's class sitting across from us were quite amazed at Preston's math skills too.  HA!  What a wonderful year we have had in second grade . . . bring on third grade!!!

Savannah with her teacher, Mrs. Baker

No comments: