THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Monday, January 20, 2014

Our MLK Holiday

Preston enjoying his s'more!
Our holiday weekend festivities started on Sunday afternoon.  The Neal family invited us over for an afternoon of fun and dinner too!  Our kids had an absolute blast riding the roller coaster in their front yard and then down the hill.  They played and played and played until it got too cold and then everyone came in for a delicious dinner.  Preston asked if Ms. Julie could send me the recipe because it was "so yummy".  After dinner the kids had a dance party and then Julie and Charlie brought out the s'more maker for some inside homemade treats.  Of course Savannah and Preston LOVED that and ate plenty.

Today I wasn't quite brave enough to take the kids to Discovery Place by myself so while I was on the treadmill I told the kids to make a top 10 list of things they wanted to do today.  Preston then asked "so we're going to stay home all day?  and don't have to do any errands?"  When I said yes he said "this is the best day ever!"   I didn't realize errands were so bad, but I do generally have a lot of them. :) 


Here is their list.  We manged to get every single thing crossed off and then some.  We spent a lot of time outside after "rest" time since it was in the 60s this afternoon.  I also managed to squeeze in a nap for myself, organized a pantry shelf, cleaned the toaster oven, gathered a donate bag, fixed a blind and had time to make a casserole and catch up on e-mails.  It's amazing what I can get done when the car stays parked in the garage all day.  We all (well at least 3 of us) had a wonderful, restful day at home!!

Preston's Valentine for me that he made while I ran this morning

No comments: