THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Family Updates

Savannah after her Upward Celebration
I'm making it a point to stay at home all day.  No errands, no groceries, nothing but time at home to complete a few things that have been on my to do list forever.  So far today Preston and I have organized the top of the pantry, hung 3 pictures inside and a bird feeder outside, cleaned the fish bowl, wrapped a present, scrubbed lots of marks from walls with a magic eraser, repaired a Yahtzee game, had a speech therapy session, and worked on consignment stuff.  Not a glamorous day, but one that will leave me feeling a bit caught up.  I still have to update their baby books and start putting consignment items in the computer, but I'm enjoying a day at home in my workout clothes for sure!  Speaking of workouts, I reached a new goal this morning (running goal that is, definitely not in terms of weight) . . . I ran 4 miles in under 30 minutes!!  Okay, so enough about today, what has the rest of the family been up to lately??

Dave travelled to Atlanta, GA for a few days last week.  We survived, but were definitely thankful when we arrived home late Friday night.  He is now busy training the new guy that will take his place starting after the closing of this month, when he officially moves to Ford.

Savannah has been doing super in school.  She is learning more and more every day and her newest fun activity is trying to see if we can name all 50 states together.  At the dinner table last night we were doing multiplication and division facts!!  She asked me to quiz her on multiplication and I agreed to play along because we have been doing some basic facts, but when she asked me to give her division problems I couldn't believe it.  It's crazy how much her little brain is soaking up.  I know I didn't do division and multiplication in the first grade and I was pretty good at math!  She also finished the Upward cheer leading season with a game on Saturday and the celebration on Sunday afternoon.  She was super excited to get flowers that she had been asking about for weeks. :)

Preston has, well, been Preston.  He keeps us laughing and on our toes for sure.  His speech is improving but he is still having major issue with blends of sounds.  However, the interesting that about him is that he has become very interested in death and Heaven.  Odd, I know, but he daily asks us about when we're going to Heaven and what types of things are in Heaven.  He's particularly interested in what they have to eat there.  Add that to the fact that he always points out the graveyard on the way to Savannah's school and the fact that he thinks we are REALLY old and it can freak a mama out.  Just this week as Dave was walking away from dropping him off in Sunday school he heard Preston tell the teacher "my dad is REALLY, REALLY old."  Ha!  Preston is also still fascinated with police men and jail.  He is always asking us if kids can go to jail or just mommies and daddies.  I try to tell him that kids can get taken by policemen with they break the rules but that they go to a special place, not jail.  His questions keep my brain working non stop so I savor every second of his sleeping time so I can rest too.  Speaking of rest, he is down for a nap so I'm going to have lunch and relax!

No comments: