THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving Day Fun

On Thursday, Thanksgiving Day, Dave and I had a sitter come and decided to start the day with a fun workout by running the Turkey Trot here in Charlotte . . . only we didn't exactly run together.  Dave ran the 8k, but I opted for the 5k in hopes of finally completing a 5k in under 25 minutes.  The course definitely had it's share of hills and I was pretty exhausted when I finished, but because there were no mile markers (3rd race in a row missing them) I had no clue how fast I was running.  I was completely shocked when I crossed the finish line in 22:52!! 

After getting home and showering, we loaded up and headed to Greenville, SC for the day.  It was so nice to be back in Susan's house with everyone having a great time.  The food was great, the cousins played well, and we all enjoyed time catching up with each other. 

The kids had a great time outside enjoying the beautiful weather!
After dinner and dessert (check out Preston's messy shirt) we tried our best to get a picture . . .

It was a fabulous day all around . . . and was a nice reminder of all that we truly have to be thankful for.

No comments: