THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Monday, November 19, 2012

Show n Tell

These kids crack me up.  After watching some TV with the kids and playing 3 games of Uno, I finally told them that they needed to play while I did some work.  So, to get them started I asked Savannah for a favor.  This is our dialogue:

Me:  Savannah can you please help Preston find a show and tell for school tomorrow? The letter is W.  I think he'd like to take his Lightning McQueen watch.

Preston:  Yeah!  Sissy, can you help me find my watch?

a few minutes later . . .

Preston:  Mom, I can't find it (WHINE)  I really want my Lightning McQueen watch.  Sissy, help me find it.

Savannah:  Preston, watch me.  For show n tell you can "Walk" see, watch me walk or you can "Watch" people.  Those both start with W.

Preston:  NO!  I want a real show n tell.

Savannah:  Well, then go find your watch

Preston:  Okay, can you show me again . . .

I guess an action show n tell will do when one doesn't want to search for the missing watch that just may never be found!  And I love the creativity of my 1st grader or is it her lazyness not wanting to help him find the darn watch?! :)

1 comment:

deborah said...

I bet Preston was the only one that used words as his show and tell. Very creative Savannah! Much better than a watch lol