THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Friday, June 08, 2012

Goodbye Kindergarten

Tuesday was my last day to volunteer in Savannah's kindergarten class.  Although it's nice to know that summer is here, I have to say that it was super sad knowing that Savannah's first year of kindergarten is already over!  I have truly enjoyed being in her class every week and getting to know the kids . . . rumor has it that in 1st grade parents are as welcome. :(  Anyway, on Tuesday we decided to celebrate Savannah's birthday early.  I arranged for the cafeteria to bake a birthday cookie and she was able to wear a birthday crown all day.  It was such a fun time and she loved the extra attention!


One of the last stations in kindergarten, water painting


Here she is ready to go to lunch, but I made her get a picture by her name on the summer birthday bulletin board.  I know these moments won't last many more years when she is willing for mom to come to school and take lots of pictures so I'm taking full advantage now!


Celebrating in the cafeteria with 2 of her friends, Juliann and Riley


Savannah and the amazing Mrs. Hindman

I cannot say enough good things about Savannah's teacher this year.  She is not only amazingly patient and kind, but she is also an incredible teacher.  Savannah has gone from refusing to try to sound out words to actually reading!  It's so neat to see her pick up a book and read it.  We are definitely going to miss Mrs. Hindman next year!  In my opinion, once you've had the best everything else fails in comparison.


Savannah and Mrs. Gomsak

Mrs. Gomsak was Savannah's teacher assistant this year.  She also has been awesome and super fun to work with.  We hope to keep up with Mrs. Gomsak because she lives in our neighborhood.

I guess it's true that all good things must come to an end, but to say goodbye to kindergarten has to be one of the saddest moments for me.  I think I'd be content to stay in Mrs. Hindman's class for all of elementary school.  As we close this chapter and move onto first grade I guess we'll choose to be thankful for an incredible year and start praying for a 1st grade year just as remarkable.


1 comment:

deborah said...

I just can't wrap my head around Savannah going to 1st grade! Love the pics and I can tell she felt extra special with that BD crown lol love it!