THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Let the Volunteering Begin

Today was the first day that I was able to volunteer in Savannah's class. Although I'll admit that I wasn't too sure it would be a worthwhile experience, I now can say that Tuesday mornings just became my absolute favorite part of the week!! What an amazing opportunity I have to see Savannah learning first hand in the classroom of a master teacher. I'm not sure what impressed me more . . . that Mrs. Hindman had so many different things going at once and expects the kids to actually do the activity on their own OR that the kids were actually doing it and learning!! Coming from a middle school background where kids are given hardly any freedom, I was amazed at how efficiently Mrs. Hindman runs the classroom of 19 students in at least 7 different stations at once. Several times she was across the classroom and could still handle behavior problems at a completely different station AND help me too! She is beyond impressive, really unlike any teacher I've ever seen. I'm not sure how she plans so many things, gathers the materials, and handles regular teacher stuff (all the while being so calm, loving and patient), but I'll sure do what I can to help make her life easier. :)


I can't wait for next Tuesday!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so thankful savannah has such a great teacher for her 1st year! sounds like this lady found her calling in life. dad/deb