THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Welcomed Slow-Down

I have to say that when we woke up to a winter wonderland yesterday I was more than excited for lots of reasons. One, I knew Dave would be home for the day, two, I knew we were stuck at home and I would be able to catch up from the previous week and three, of course we'd have lots of fun outside in the snow!!

Last week consisted of:
  • 3 mystery shops
  • 5 appointments (dentist, doctors, speech)
  • 1 school tour
  • MOPS meeting where I had to do a quick money saving presentation
  • Planning of a triplet baby shower
  • Hosting the said shower on Sunday afternoon
  • WEE school
  • 3 hours of tutoring
  • 1 Music class for Preston
  • A very whinny, sick pre-schooler
  • A teething toddler (needing to be rocked EVERY night at various times)
  • MOPS planning meeting
  • Un-decorating the house
  • Plus the regular cooking, cleaning, errands, exercise, etc
  • Oh, did I mention it was month end for Dave???

So, I had been looking forward to the beginning of this week for quite some time. I have to say Monday did not disappoint! It was such a relaxing day and a real treat to be able to accomplish so much! We had a blast playing out in the snow with all of the neighborhood kids who migrated to our driveway (the steepest in the neighborhood) and then enjoyed a long, quiet afternoon as both kids slept until after 5pm! Dave and I had time for lots of games of cards and each had time to do a few things we needed to accomplish too.

I really didn't even mind that there was no school today since I'm still plugging away at the to-do list . . . it's a good thing too because our driveway is now a solid sheet of ice!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you all had an extra day to spend with each other thanks to the snow! sounds like you need a little down time after last week lol
dad/deb

Robin said...

Would love to see some of your ideas from your presentation! Mike had to work from home, but at least he got to stop and play at lunch. I hope Preston's teeth come in quickly.